If you find yourself suddenly craving BBQ but don't want to leave your house then these Easy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches are perfect for you. Get ready for the best barbecue yet with these delicious, saucy BBQ chicken kabobs! The easy-to-make marinade keeps the chicken sweet, tender, and tangy, packed with loads of flavors that everyone will love.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Texas-style BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil on medium. Once heated, add the garlic and onion. Cook until translucent; this will take around 3-4 minutes. stir every so often.
- Add BBQ sauce, honey, mustard, soy sauce, pepper, and ginger. Then lower the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes while stirring occasionally. Let it sit for 10 minutes to cool down before serving.
- In a gallon-size Ziploc bag, combine chicken and half of the BBQ sauce mixture. Marinate for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours, turning the bag occasionally. Place the remaining BBQ sauce mixture in the refrigerator until it is time to use.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and dispose of the liquid.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, place the chicken onto skewers. Once the grill is hot, brush the skewers with the remaining canola oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, take your skewers and add them to the grill. Cook until the chicken breast is no longer pink in the middle and has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This will take approximately 10-12 minutes. Once this occurs, brush some of the leftover BBQ sauce mixtures onto the chicken skewers and cook for 1-2 more minutes
- Serve this dish immediately with the remaining BBQ sauce mixture.
These kabobs are perfect for your next party, thanks to the flavorful honey BBQ chicken marinade, they can easily be prepped ahead of time. The recipe is also simple to double if you need to make more. If you are not sure which grill to buy, you can contact us, and we'll gladly assist you.