This grilled Portobello mushroom burger recipe is perfect for your next summer dinner! With only a few ingredients and 20-30 minutes to spare, you'll have a juicy, meaty burger that's full of flavor. The balsamic marinade enhances the mushrooms' tangy Savory taste, making it even more delicious. With only a few easy steps, you can make these delicious veggie burgers that will be sure to satisfy everyone, even meat lovers.
Portobello mushrooms are thick and meaty, making them a great alternative for vegetarians, vegans, and anybody who wants to incorporate more plant based foods in their diet. Replacing beef with mushrooms is also an easy way to reduce calorie consumption overall.
INGREDIENTS OF MUSHROOM BURGERS
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- 1-1/2 tsp. steak seasoning like Montreal Steak Grill Mates
- 4 thick slices red onion
- 4 oz. reduced fat Swiss, sliced thin Cheeses (Recommended: Alpine lace)
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin
- baby spinach
- 4 whole wheat low calorie buns, I used Martin
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MUSHROOM BURGERS
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, oil, rosemary, and Montreal steak seasoning. This creates the perfect marinade for your next steak dinner!
- After you've evenly coated the mushroom caps in sauce, let them sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Remember to turn them a few times while they're marinating.
- Before cooking, set the grill to medium heat. Then, oil the grate or lightly spray the indoor grill pan.
- Grill the mushrooms for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until tender. Baste them frequently with the reserved marinade.
- Add the cheese to the mushrooms during the last minute of cooking. For your cheese, you could go with Swiss, or try topping them with mozzarella, feta, and cheddar; even roasted red pepper would be delicious.
- Grill the onions for approximately 1 minute per side while the mushrooms cook, and then grill the buns until they are toasted.
- Lastly, place the spinach and grilled mushrooms on the buns and top off with the grilled onions, sliced tomato, and avocado.
Now that you know how easy it is to make a delicious grilled portobello mushroom burger, you should try it for yourself! With only a few ingredients and less than half an hour, you can have a juicy, flavorful burger that's sure to satisfy. So don't wait any longer, give this recipe a try and grill up some portobello burgers for your next summer meal! And if you need help with the cooking process or have any questions, feel free to call our customer service line. We're always happy to help!